Driving Instructor Training Kettering
Driving instructor training Kettering
Our unique on-demand platform offers ADI training to be flexible around your lifestyle. Learning is delivered by experts with over 30 years’ experience in the instructor training industry, with the platform having been founded and developed by the award-winning Let’s Instruct Driving School founder Matt Stone, and driving instructor professional development specialist Andrew Love.
Become A Driving Instructor
More people than ever are choosing to become a driving instructor, and the benefits are clear:
- Great earning potential with the ability to earn £40,000 per annum
- Rewarding, people-focused job role with huge job satisfaction
- Flexible working hours to suit your life
- With LIDIA on-demand its easier to train than ever
- Read our guide to the benefits of becoming a driving instructor
Your ADI Standards Check Course
LIDIA on-demand offers ADI development training to help you further your career skills, and get prepared for your standards check exam. Our ADI development training offers:
- Access your course training on any device at any time
- Lesson topics with accompanying text and videos
- Access to expert trainer advice and support over email at any time
- Videos with immediate practical application to your student driving lessons
- Interactive course clinics with award-winning trainers
Training Instructors for Over 30 Years
Flexible and On-Demand
Guaranteed Local Driving School Placement
Frequently Asked Questions
To become an ADI In Kettering and across the UK you need the following:
- For at least 3 and a half years out of the last 6 years you need to have held a full uk or EU driving license
- To be able to read a normal sized number plate from 27.5 metres away (90 feet), using your glasses if you need to
- Less than 6 points on your current UK driving license
- To have no unspent convictions on record in the 10 years that would prevent you from being allowed on the Driving Instructors Register or to work with other people
- To enjoy a sociable work setting always working with lots of different people
ADI training can take from 3 months to a year to become fully qualified, depending on your work and family commitments. For most people it takes around 9-12 months to qualify.
There are 3 exams you will need to complete to become a qualified ADI:
- Exam 1 – Theory Test, this is 100 questions and a 14 clip hazard perception test
- Exam 2 – Advanced Driving Test, this is an advanced one hour practical driving test
- Exam 3 – Teaching Ability Test, this is an observed in-car driving lesson lead by you
The price of ADI training can vary from around £1000 up to £4000. The cheaper courses normally involve you signing a 12-month franchise contract which can cost you more in the long run and limit your earning potential.
A trainee driving instructor licence costs £140.
No, you can train and then take a pupil to your part 3 test. However, you must not charge your pupil for the lesson or any lessons you give them until you have fully qualified.
The majority of driving instructors in the UK are self employed either working solely for themselves, or under a franchise. There are a small amount of driving instructors that are employed by driving schools but they are the minority.